Wiley Rein LLP, a leading Washington, DC law firm has an opening for a Marketing Assistant. This role supports the Chief Marketing Officer in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department, including scheduling and preparing materials for internal and external meetings. This role also provides general administrative support and maintains the firm’s client relationship management (CRM) database, which includes data entry; updating mailing lists and contact information; and generating reports.
Education and Experience:
- Provide administrative support the Chief Marketing Officer, including but not limited to scheduling internal and external meetings, requesting audio-visual set-ups, placing catering orders, assisting with drafting meeting agendas, performing research, and preparing materials for meetings
- Assist with CRM data clean-up efforts, including merging duplicate contacts, researching company information and maintaining style guide standards
- Process returned mail and email bounce backs, including researching and updating contact information
- Make routine website updates, including edits to attorney biographies, and the addition of events/speeches and articles
- Maintain inventory of client gifts, logo items, and marketing supplies. Replenish stock and research options.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as maintaining department files, answering phones, processing department invoices and check requests, making copies, faxing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of professional experience required
- Prior law firm experience is a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
- Understands and adopts the organizational structure
- Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
- Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
- Proficiency with office productivity applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat); aptitude for learning new software strongly preferred
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- The Firm requires that the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed onsite during scheduled work hours.
- This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities require the applicant to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc. Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
- This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description of other requirements which include adherence to Firm policies and procedures as well as Department performance standards.
**Wiley Rein is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify.