We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job assures availability of equipment and supplies for endoscopy / surgical procedures; exhibits skills to competently scrub for surgical procedures and assist for endoscopy procedures; and performs other duties as assigned by the RN. This job demonstrates action consistent with Ochsner’s “Expectations” as duties are performed on a daily basis.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent and Graduate from an accepted course in Surgical Technology.
Required - None.
Preferred -O ne year experience in a similar medical setting.
Basic analytical skills.
Required - Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
Preferred - Certification in Surgical Technology
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy, surgery procedures, and implementation instruments and technologies.
- Performs direct patient care duties.
- Organizes activities and supplies based on surgery schedule and daily needs of the department.
- Competently care for and provides services to patients/customers in specific relations to their age and developmental stage with supervision of the staff nurse.
- Communicates information pertaining to patient care needs to patients, family members and co-workers
- Maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials.
- Adapts to rapid changes in the department caused by unit census, patient acuity and resource availability.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ü Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork?
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish .
Affirmative Action Policy Statement