Sr. Quality Assurance Tester with Business Analyst skills – Java Development Environment for our client in Herndon, VA.
Responsible for planning and executing SIT across major, and minor releases. They will design, develop, and configure software test cases to validate application functionality. They will participate in requirements gathering sessions, and will work with team members to identify requirements, and test application functionality. The candidate will apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support the project.
Responsibilities will include
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions
- Create test plans for SIT testing
- Create test cases for SIT testing, including the identification, collection and/or creation of test data
- Execute frontend, and backend tests
- Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
- Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-throughs, and peer reviews
- Lead/participate in the coordination, and execution of release testing
- Mentor other testers on methodology framework testing processes, and application knowledge as appropriate
- Determine and meet time estimates, and schedules for testing efforts
- Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Strong understanding of the full lifecycle (SDLC) with Agile/Scrum experience
- A strong understanding of web-based applications
- Strong understanding of different types of testing methodologies (system integration, regression, functional, compatibility, unit, performance, negative etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
- Proven ability to develop test conditions, and understand expected results based on the application requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
- Extensive experience developing manual tests in ALM
- Experience working with a Relational Database
- Experience writing intermediate level SQL queries
- Experience working with Java development/principles
- Experience working with XML
- Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to identify, define, and document business requirements (functional and system)
- Proven ability to participate in requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Proven ability to track, and fully document changes to business requirements (both functional and system)
- Proven ability to clearly communicate requirements to other development team members
- Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience developing automated tests with UFT
- Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to solve problems to complex business processes
- Proven ability to develop, and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
- Cannot have more than 6 month’s travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
Place and Period of Performance
- Hours of support: The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
Location: Herndon, VA
- PoP: through 9/30/2018 with expected annual renewal
**Candidates must have all required skills/experience to be considered.
**Candidates must be a US Citizen
**Candidates need Public Trust Clearance
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Business Analysis: 5 years
- QA: 5 years
Required work authorization: