Hino Title: Specialist
Market Title: Corporate Paralegal
Hino Motors Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Japan) and a Toyota Group Company. Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a Corporate Paralegal for its headquarters facility located in Novi, Ml. Hino Motors offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
The Corporate Paralegal will support the General Counsel, attorneys, and department team members by performing a variety of administrative, paralegal, and technical functions.
- Support the General Counsel with legal and administrative functions. Provide support to attorneys and assist with projects of other department team members;
- Serve as primary intake source and department liaison for internal-client requests for legal support. Ensure timely delivery and return of work product to client;
- Maintains the legal department’s calendar, record keeping system, filing systems, and legal databases;
- Assisting in the review and preparation of contractual provisions and prepare and submit business licensing related documents;
- Assist with litigation or investigation project management including, coordinating document preservation/production/collection, organization of documents, and working with attorneys in the preparation and filing court documents and/or internal reports;
- Perform legal research and creating reports as directed; and
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL SETS:
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Effective time management, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- High level of proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams;
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and demonstrates professionalism;
- Proficient with office equipment and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum three (3) years as a corporate paralegal, contract manager, or equivalent experience in a law firm or corporate office environment;
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal Certification preferred
- Position requires traveling up to 25% of the time.
- Position might require moving equipment up to 10 pounds or less.
- Position does not allow telecommuting and employee must be present in the office.
- Position requires sitting stationary 90% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 3 years (Preferred)
- Corporate Paralegal: 3 years (Preferred)