Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Monarch has a rewarding career opportunity for a Developmental Specialist Vocational to work 18 hours per week.The Developmental Specialist Vocational is primarily responsible for developing a positive relationship with the individuals he or she supports while assisting them in achieving their personal dreams and goals as designated in the individual goal plans.
***Substitute, 3 quarter, and part time positions available***
1. Assess each person receiving services for their hopes, dreams, and desires and provide supports that facilitate achievement.
2. Ensure that the rights of each person receiving services are protected and promoted at all times. Assist people in developing advocacy skills, participating in advocacy efforts, and utilizing personal advocates.
3. Serve as a resource for person served on community agencies, services, and supports that can meet identified needs or goals.
4. Supervise, educate, and monitor (as needed) people receiving services in work settings. Settings may include community, vocational workshops, day supports, etc.
5. Maintain a safe working environment for employees and people receiving services by practicing safety procedures in the community and on the job.
6. Continually educate people receiving services on required work procedures, facility rules, policies, practices and their rights.
7. Facilitate person-centered, effective, positive relationships with people receiving services using positive approaches that promote self determination in all areas of life.
8. Provide input and recommendations into assessment and planning processes, and development of the individual’s plan.
9. Implement person’s plan fully, within the requirements of the service definition, and document as required by the service definition and agency policy. Accurately complete all required documentation, including but not limited to, goal completion, actions toward outcomes, incident reports, timesheets, etc.
10. Complete daily progress notes and communication log to assure appointments, goals, and interests are met.
11. Assist in maintaining all necessary records, daily attendance, check sheets, production sheets, etc.
12. For full list of job functions please visit https://www.monarchnc.org/careers and reference posting code 9201.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Graduate of College of Direct Supports preferred.
3. Valid North Carolina Driver License.
Job Type: Part-time