SAFETY & SECURITY OFFICER
Would you like to work for one of the leading steel companies in the US? Would you like to be part of an international group of companies where safety, stability, opportunity and commitment to global social responsibility are top priority? If your answer is yes, and you are ready for a new opportunity, then consider NLMK USA your solution.
With over 1,000 employees and over 2 million square feet of manufacturing space, NLMK USA maintains a strong position in the US steel market. We at NLMK USA produce ﬂat rolled steel that is essential to modern manufacturing. We supply high quality steel coils to the construction, automotive, pipe and tube, and heavy equipment sectors in the US.
NLMK USA is part of NLMK Group. NLMK Group brings together more than 55,000 employees from across Russia, Europe and the United States, delivering metal products to more than 70 countries.
NLMK USA is looking for a Safety Engineer for our location in Indiana (NLMK Indiana). We are dedicated to providing our employees with a safe, stable workplace where teamwork, attention to detail and quality customer service define our culture.
Please take a moment to carefully review the job duties and requirements and should you determine that you are strongly qualified, please apply!
The Safety & Security Engineer is a driver of all safety and security programs and processes. The Engineer develops and administers safety and risk management in addition to workers compensation. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Safety. In addition, this position oversees all aspects of Plant security including the supervision of the Safety and Security Officers under the guidance of the Director of Corporate Safety.
- Develops and administers safety, health and security programs.
- Researches and implements safety procedure and OSHA standards.
- Conducts safety and security audits of the facility and of employees.
- Implements corrective action when appropriate.
- Administers and processes workers compensation claims and bills.
- Researches, orders, and distributes safety equipment.
- Implements and develops measures to ensure that employees, the facility and its assets are protected.
- Supervises, trains, supports Safety and Security Officers in their daily functions.
- Investigates all incidents in conjunction with line managers, staff, and union personnel.
- Develops and implements long-term accident and cost control measures.
- Administers outside contractor and employee safety orientation and training.
- Identifies pattern injuries and develops measures to prevent further injuries.
- Oversee compliance with all OSHA standards to prevent injuries
- Handle all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining safety, risk, and health management programs.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all changes in health and safety issues, policies, procedures and laws.
- Must be able to handle occasional heavy lifting, able to wear all required safety equipment and capable of maneuvering through a steel mill environment and functioning on the production floor.
- Monitor compliance to Health & Safety system requirements.
- Four year degree in Safety Science or related field.
- Three to five years of experience handling safety issues in the steel or related industry.
- Must have strong people skills and be able to communicate and work effectively with company employees at all levels.
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS office, in particular MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, safety, and workers compensation laws and hazards associated with the steel industry.
- Ability to organize and to perform multiple tasks.
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to respond well in high stress situations.
- Willing to work swing shifts and back turns which include weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
- Safety & Security: 1 year