Gramercy Surgery Center is currently seeking a Weekend Staff Nurse (Part-time) to join our team!
The facilities of Gramercy Surgery Center are freestanding, Article 28 centers, committed to delivering high-quality patient care. We provide our physicians with leading-edge equipment and a strong medical team to achieve surgical excellence. Our close-knit and attentive nature allows our surgeons to have a direct line of access to Gramercy Surgery Center’s administrators. Our goal to assist our surgeons and treat our patients with the dignity and comfort they deserve is what we proudly call “The Gramercy Difference.”
Gramercy Surgery Center’s facilities are Medicare certified, meaning that we abide by local guidelines and comply with strict federal regulations. We are members of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association and are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare.
Salary: $40.00-$46.00 / hour
- Preoperative functions: preparing the patient for surgery – verifying patient’s identity and scheduled procedure(s) and assists patient to OR; providing preoperative instructions; ensure proper pre-op clinical documentation is in the patient’s chart; admission assessment; and communicating abnormal values to the Anesthesiologist
- Postoperative functions: admits/transfers patients to PACU; closely observe and monitor post-op patients; taking patient’s vital signs; assess the condition of the patient from admission to discharge and properly documenting on PACU record
- Provide post-op instructions to the patient prior to discharge from the unit
- Perform postoperative calls to patients after surgery, documenting the post-op call and patient’s responses in the patient’s record/chart
- Perform pre-operative calls to patients prior to the day of surgery
- Maintain crash cart’s inventory and maintenance log
- Assist Scrub Technicians with opening supplies for cases as well as assisting with surgical preparation
- Assist in providing any additional instruments and/or supplies as requested during the operation
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with equipment and supplies, including functionality, location, and upkeep
- Assist in restocking unit as needed
- Maintain a comfortable, orderly, clean safe environment in the Admitting and Recovery areas
- Maintain logs (refrigerator temperatures, crash cart, surgery, narcotics, specimen, etc)
- Maintain communication between front desk staff and O.R. staff to assure an efficient flow of patients
- Informed on infection control policies of the surgery center
- Report any witnessed violations if following area of infection control: (Handwashing and glove-wearing; Needle sticks; Sterilization and/or contamination)
- Other duties as assigned
- New York RN license (required)
- 1+ years of OR/ASC/PACU experience (required)
Indeed Hire and Gramercy Surgery Center are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 - $46.00 per hour
- OR/ASC/PACU: 1 year (Required)
- New York, NY: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)