ILLINOIS OIL MARKETING EQUIPMENT, INC.
Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper Reports To: Office Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence. Prepare trial balances of books.
- Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
- Reconcile records of bank transactions.
- Complete and submit tax forms and returns, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms, and other government documents.
- Monitor status of loans and accounts to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Perform financial calculations such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal. Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists. Compile budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Associate's Degree, preferably in Accounting
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting
- Experience in the field of Accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with MAS90 or Sage100 is a plus.
Indeed Hire and Illinois Oil Marketing Equipment Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- MAS90 or Sage100: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook: 3 years (Required)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree (Required)
- Pekin, IL: Between 21 and 30 miles (Preferred)