Bed Bath & Beyond seeks talented leaders to join our warehousing facilities and contribute to our culture! The Facilities Manager will direct and coordinate activities of workers and vendors while engaging in servicing and the repairs of transportation equipment, machines, tools and maintenance of the building. This Leader will manage associates which include maintenance workers and a maintenance technician on 3 shifts, covering 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in a facility of 750,000 sq ft facility. The position requires excellent leadership skills, top notch customer focus, and the ability to perform in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be one who does not “sit behind a desk,” rather he/she interacts on a daily basis with the associates on the floor. If you are a: leader, team player, professional, personable, trustworthy, agile, reliable, proactive, creative, up tempo, fair, unbiased, and results oriented than apply now!
- Responsible for the scheduling, servicing, installation, planned maintenance, and repair of materials handling equipment such as conveyor, rack, equipment and facilities mechanical and electrical systems.
- Contract, coordinate and direct activities for contractors, vendors and internal personnel.
- Conducts inspections of all maintenance related work upon completion of job.
- Create, implement and manage policies & procedures regarding materials handling equipment. Ensures that local, state and federal regulations are adhered to.
- Responsible for price negotiations with vendors such as equipment, parts, snow removal, pest control, elevator, refuse disposal, HVAC equipment and emergency fire/power equipment.
- Recommend replacement and type of equipment needed to meet the operation needs.
- Investigate and evaluate cause and extent of damage to equipment involved in accidents.
- Review job orders to determine work priorities.
- Coordinate activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Direct maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas or air required for operations.
- Review production, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Manages the Materials Handling Equipment training program.
- Oversee maintenance grounds and the systems such as truck wash, storm drain basins, roadway/parking lot an roof
- Interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BA/BS Degree in related field and/or 6-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Facilities Tech Certifications a plus; Any Job Related certifications a plus
- 4-5 years of experience in a Manager role
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
Ability to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse. Requires ability to use office equipment including, but not limited to, phone, keyboard monitor, and calculator. Must be able to communicate effectively, both in person and on the telephone. Could be asked to provide physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50lbs), and walking (up to 80% of the day). Could be asked to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment.
Our program of generous benefits includes:
Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program