We currently have an exciting opening for a Senior Paralegal
to become part of the Toshiba America, Inc. legal team. Based in New York, the Senior Paralegal will support the in-house attorneys in a wide range of legal, governance and compliance matters. This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic legal team that offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
may include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop, maintain and administer the processes and systems that the legal team relies upon to support its business clients – this includes contract management, export control, document retention, litigation holds, policies & procedures, and corporate minutes.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and maintain business processes with legal, governance or compliance implications.
- Review, redline and approved certain types vendor contract (based on value and nature of agreement); work directly with business teams to adapt and finalize form commercial agreements.
- Prepare initial drafts of Shareholder & Board of Director meeting materials.
- Prepare initial drafts of certain governmental reports.
- Conduct annual audit of state business registrations.
- Coordinate with and support paralegals residing at other Toshiba companies.
The Sr. Paralegal
will be an integral member of the legal team. We therefore are looking for candidates with background and experience that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school (or any equivalent combination of related experience, training, and/or education).
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate legal department assisting with the review, negotiation and administration of contracts and preparing other legal documents.
- High degree of organizational skills and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and see complex tasks and projects through to completion.
- Attention to detail with the analytical ability to gather data and prepare reports.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with SharePoint.
Founded in 1965, Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Toshiba Corporation and the holding company of Toshiba operating companies based in the United States that operate in a variety of businesses and industries, utilizing Toshiba’s cutting-edge, proprietary technology and intellectual property.
Toshiba America, Inc. requires all employees to sign a Confidentiality and Work Product Agreement and asks all applicants to enter into an Agreement to Binding Arbitration of Employment Related Disputes before accepting a position.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V