Are you a dedicated health professional, looking to enhance the health and well being of infants, children and adolescence throughout the community? If so, we invite you to keep reading! Pediatric Associates of Charlottesville is searching for a Clinical Nurse (LPN) with excellent work ethic, to join our caring and professional staff at the Downtown Charlottesville office. This is a part-time position that includes work on weekends. As a Clinical Nurse (LPN) you will be a part of a strong and supportive clinical team. A team that strives to provide the best comprehensive care to families in our community.
This position performs triage and nursing care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient's health and wellness.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant program.
Licensure: Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Experience: One-year work experience in a medical office setting is preferred. Knowledge of computer highly desired. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Phone triage, including telephone encounter for each call.
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner. Direct them to the appropriate room.
- Clean and stock exam rooms.
- Sterilize used instruments for patient use in Treatment Room.
- Performing necessary vital signs on patient.
- Maintain organization of cabinet above and below work area.
- Maintain clean, operating tablet for your station.
- Check to make sure that patient history is complete (i.e. immunization records, allergy to medications, birth weight etc.). Scan in necessary documents.
- Obtain brief summary of patient complaint. Complete chief complaint in EHR. Read previous visits to obtain follow-up plan as needed.
- Assist doctors in any necessary procedures.
- Make patient calls as needed.
- Perform audiogram and stereopsis screenings as needed.
- Complete any necessary documentation for patient's (i.e. school forms, medication forms).
- Call hospitals to obtain any necessary results i.e. (lab and x-ray results).
- Keep a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Train new employees.
- Attend any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Work as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care.
- Assist the doctor in emergency situations.
- Keep expiration dates current on all sample medications and formulas.
- Administer and document immunizations and medicine injections given in EHR.
- Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Rotate on the on call calendar.
- Must be cross trained, with the ability to change roles as needed (i.e. triage to floor and floor to triage)
- Contact insurance companies to obtain necessary authorization for certain procedures. Complete any necessary referrals and referral cover sheets for doctor approval.
- Set up any home therapies for patient use.
- Patient teaching when warranted, i.e. (breathing treatments, newborn care, etc.)
- Perform other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- Perform all collateral assigned to you by your supervisor.
Typical Working Conditions
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient's, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries item weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Fast paced office that is very family oriented and child friendly. Some exposure to office chemicals and materials.
How to Apply
Visit company website for application and instructions.
Please note, final candidates will be subject to drug and nicotine screening as well as criminal background check.
Pediatric Associates of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Charlottesville, VA (Required)
Hours per week: