- Time Management
- Management Experience
- Driver's License
- Administrative Experience
The Senior District Leader is responsible for the operations, guest experience, team development and overall performance of the salons that they directly supervise. Their major function is to lead the results, team and the guest experience in their salons. They should coach and develop the team and lead by exemplifying excellent guest service and make operational decisions as if they are a business owner.
Manage from the Floor:
- Demonstrate ability to run a profitable business
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate positive attitude
- Exercise good judgment
- Lead and drive change through strong communication and personal leadership
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changing needs
- Deliver an excellent guest experience
- Understand guest needs and trends
- Demonstrate accountability, dependability and ethics
- Travel to salons, meetings, training sessions Essential Functions
Development of the Team:
- Travel to other salons in the district up to 5 full days each week
- Ensure visibility within the salon by leading, coaching and mentoring the team during routine visits.
Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility:
- Responsible for creating a culture consistent with our HAIR values. Build necessary business relationships and create an environment of development. Responsible for building a high performing team that works together to achieve results.
- Recruit and train Salon Managers and Stylists. Partner with Human Resources to ensure that open positions are filled quickly with the best talent and that the team is on-boarded and receives coaching and training to continuously improve their skills and service levels.
- Ensure a high level of employee satisfaction through strong leadership with the objective of retaining the best talent.
- Coach and communicate with Salon Managers to develop Stylists for promotion to Salon Manager positions.
- Develop Salon Managers for promotion to other leadership positions.
- Ensure that performance management is executed through recognition and coaching. Document important conversations. Measure performance and provide coaching as necessary. Terminate nonperforming Salon Managers and other staff as needed. Revised June 2017
- Ensure that technical training is provided as necessary to increase performance and guest satisfaction.
- Achieve sales, contribution and expense goals in all salons they supervise.
- Train Salon Managers on P&L responsibilities.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in salon performance.
- Ensure that salons are visually set following company direction and that promotional displays are coordinated and executed.
- Ensure that merchandise is replenished and that inventory is managed through cycle counts. Coach Salon Managers on these responsibilities for their salons.
Salon Experience/Administrative Tasks:
- Maximize employee hours through schedule optimization. Schedule to the needs of the business to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction, sales performance and expense management.
- Coach to brand specific service expectations (Moments of Truth or 360). Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Handle and resolve guest concerns and issues as needed.
- Ensure Salon Managers are keeping up with the cleanliness and maintenance of their salons along with all compliance requirements applicable to state and local sanitation rules. • Enforce and promote all corporate policies, procedures and work rules.
- Ensure Salon Managers are following closing procedures that are adhered to by all staff and that daily bank deposits are being made.
- Ensure that the assets of each of their salons are protected and that asset protection policies are adhered to.
- Ensure other salon tasks related to salon operations are completed by staff, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, taking cycle counts/inventory, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all staff licenses are current, valid and posted as required.
- Ensure all items required by state and federal law are posted in all salons as directed by the company.
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety.
- Ensure salons are open for all posted hours and making arrangements for coverage of employees’ shifts, if necessary.
- Manage the execution of salon openings and closings as needed.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Frequent overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to travel between salons on a daily basis.
- Ability to coach exceptional guest service and performance of quality services.
- Team player with strong leadership qualities. Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace while demonstrating good judgment and time management skills.
- Communicate effectively with salon team, peers, supervisors and guests.
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Ability to read and analyze various salon reports.
- Great reading, writing, math and computer skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable for motor vehicle use.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, peers, supervisors and support partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests regarding services offered and requested, as well as regarding guest needs and desires with regards to such services.
- Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest perfume.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach between shoulder level and above-shoulder-level height to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after service.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Ability to drive at least four hours at a time as required in assigned region
- Ability to frequently travel by air with overnight lodging