This position provides a formal catering experience. Server works all Banquet Functions to include: set-up, any beverage break, buffet, plated and reception events, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room including, but not limited to, the collection of all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event
- Prepares garnishes, beverages, condiments, and bread baskets
- Clean and fill salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers
- Prepare tables with place settings as instructed
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and/or any standards and instructions set by management, the Client, or Banquet Captain
- Breakdown banquet equipment and set-up after each event and then clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, customers, guests, and co-workers
- Compliant with all health and safety codes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be detailed oriented
- Good oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills essential
- Results driven and have good organizational skills
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Attend ongoing departmental F&B Training
- Positive attitude and neat appearance
- Must speak and understand English
- Must be able to pass criminal and credit background check
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Customer service and/or food & beverage experience preferred
- Regular lifting and carrying minimum of 20 lbs.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and handling food and chemical product
- Ability to work extended hours productively in a fast-paced, very physically demanding environment
- In and out of banquet doors and service pockets throughout shift
- Exposure to dust pollen and fumes, and food allergens, and extreme changes in heat and cold
- Subject to high noise level
- Possible exposure to weather conditions
HOURS OF WORK
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
701 Henley Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 865-522-5669.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG Knoxville Facilities-7222