Supervises the care of patients seen in the MUSC Health West infusion suites. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will work with physicians and team management to assist in direct patient care, case management, practice development, and implementation of policies and procedures focused on patient centered care models.
Minimum Training and Education:
Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse (ANP or FNP) in the state of SC or licensed as a Physician Assistant by the National Board of Medical Examiners or the American Academy of Physician Assistants. Requires certification in Basic Life Support.
Licensure, Certifications, Registrations:
Currently eligible or licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse (ANP or FNP) in the state of SC or Licensed (or certification eligible) as a Physician Assistant by the National Board of Medical Examiners or the American Academy of Physician Assistants. Requires certification in Basic Life Support.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coverage 5 days per week in the infusion suite, along with supervising care provided by infusion nurses
- Collaborates with ordering physician to manage infusion patients including: chemo, fluids, and other medications needed, Work collaboratively with nursing and operation managers to instill teamwork across multiple disciplines
- Coordinates the initiation of therapy, review abs, and supports the physicians ordering, and responsible for signing off on all infusion encounters
- Works closely with financial counselor on any new drugs to ensure prior authorization and proper reimbursement
- Responsible for providing care to patients with oncology urgent needs
- Receive and triage any infusion patient phone calls. Respond to routine questions and requests, while referring more complex issues to the physician as necessary
- Potential precepting of MUSC NP or PA students during their clinical year
Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36" to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.