Equator Design | Production Account Manager | 3 to 4 months project
Our downtown Chicago office is currently looking for a Production Account Manager to fill in for a 3 to 4 month project. This would be a full-time (40 hour/week) role. We are looking for fast learner with a great upbeat attitude! Knowledge of print production processes, managing timelines and details is essential, as well as prior experience managing vendor relationships.
We invite anyone interested to learn more about us at https://equator-design.com/en-us/.
The Production Account Manager
builds effective relationships with entry- to mid-level client contacts; may execute day-to-day account activities including the coordination of projects from estimation to completion. Partners with the broader project team to ensure deliverables are completed in an efficient manner- on time and on budget. Utilizes an understanding of the Company's and the client's industry, business, and products to identify opportunities to sell additional solutions to meet existing client needs. May support one or more small-to-medium accounts.
- Project Management of production services for specific client from a brand management, quality, and critical path standpoint.
- Act as the brand guardian of your brands at the production stage.
- Work with CAH at all stages of project to understand the brand/project and ensure integrity is maintained throughout.
- Effectively communicate all key information to CAH and AC to ensure projects move smoothly, efficiently and timely (FTP dates, receipt of supplier assets, DSOs, etc.)
- Manages expectations internally and externally with constant, correct communication
- Effective project planning and management of both internal and external meetings at production stage.
- Develop production briefs to ensure clear information and accurate instruction to the production team at all stages of workflow.
- Work within the parameters of Equator’s internal workflow and wall processes to achieve correct, consistent information, instruction and critical path.
- Determine most efficient way to move project along internally, understanding that “putting it back in design” may not be the best solution.
- Manage client, suppliers and printers through the production process to ensure their considerations and feedback are acknowledged and actioned as appropriate, always providing stellar client service.
- Manage the production workflow on client’s internal workflow systems.
- Manage process at production stage for forecast, estimating, timing and invoicing.
- Acts with sense of urgency; understands when to elevate projects to lead
- Knowledge and understanding of all Equator production offerings – production, retouch, pre-press and post print
Qualifications / Requirements
Education & Certifications
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
Skills & Abilities
- Previous account management experience in a Creative Design Agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, film), Market Research firm, or similar consulting environment.
- Comprehensive project management skills with the ability to manage large volumes of work
- Client focused
- Team player – always willing to help
- Confident and Professional communicator at all levels, both written and verbal
- Self assured, tactful and persuasive manner
- Solution focused and able to think on feet
- Knowledge in production, pre-press and post-print
- Positive, Energetic
- Acts with integrity, honesty and trustworthiness
- Good knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making.
- Good understanding of the Company’s market and business environment.
- Good understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across one or more touchpoints or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to identify and execute effective solutions.
- Ability to build new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Good understanding of the assigned clients’ products and services.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; good organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Good presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite).