Location: Peoria, IL - Peoria Chiefs
Professional Sports Catering (PSC), powered by Levy is a food service company specializing in concessions and catering operations at minor league baseball stadiums across the country. Launched in 2006, PSC serves the needs of minor league baseball clubs who want to outsource their food business to a partner who shares their core values: taking care of their customers and providing high quality food and beverage products.
While only 12 years old, PSC already runs all concession and catering operations at over 30 minor league baseball stadiums and spring training facilities around the country. In each of these markets, PSC makes the ballpark the best restaurant in town!
The Executive Chef
is directly responsible for the preparation and delivery of food for the entire catering operation at the baseball stadium. The catering operation consists of several luxury suites with a full-scale menu, as well as multiple outside picnic venues catering to groups from ten people to several thousand. This position will be expected to direct a kitchen crew of 10-12 people, and will require someone with established cooking and management skills to be able to provide food for all catering venues within a short period of time. This position will also require someone with excellent time management and organizational skills. The Executive Chef reports directly to the Director of Food Service on-site.
In addition to the “back-of-the-house” food production responsibilities, this person must also display strong people skills to be able to fulfill the client service component of this position. The Executive Chef will communicate with clients on all special event catering needs, and will make personal appearances at stadium catering events to further the service level. This person will also assist the Director of Food Service with product ordering and maintaining proper inventory levels, and will work closely with PSC’s client’s sales department to understand the food service needs for each event.
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated.
- Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
- Ability to work 60 + hours per week (as needed).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
Here is the kind of Executive Chef we are looking for:
- Degree or training in Culinary Arts, Hospitality or related field, or culinary certificate preferred.
- Five (5) + years of culinary experience
- High volume, complex food service operations experience
PSC/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation