Full Job Description
Ritchie Bros. is a global leader in asset management and disposition, selling billions of dollars of heavy equipment each year. We help thousands of people around the world appraise, sell, inspect, buy, refurbish, ship and finance heavy equipment every month. Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager – Mining in USA.
Ritchie Bros. Strategic Accounts is looking for an outside sales professional to serve our customers as a Strategic Account Manager in a Major US city. The successful candidate will be the point person responsible for key strategic accounts in a specific sector. This is great position for someone with strong skills in maintaining current relationships and harvesting further business.
In this role you’ll:
- Develop and execute sales strategies to drive new client acquisitions and grow revenue in the sector.
- Harvest opportunities within assigned account(s) and grow revenue by increasing penetration and expansion.
- Lead and coordinate both internal/external resources to meet customer goals.
- Work directly with and provide regular communication to the GM on activities, contract status and overall sales progressions in target opportunities.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual individual and team quota targets.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience calling on major clients in the Mining industry.
- High level experience with heavy mobile mining equipment and valuations.
- Demonstrated skills and proven success in strategic planning and strategic problem-solving with clients.
- Experience in the mining sector and with major industrial clients would be an asset.
- Work mostly from a home office and on the road.
- The ability to travel 2-3 nights per week to cover the territory.
This job will require you to:
- You will have to maintain a valid, clean driver's license.
- Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional groups and trade shows.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) in English, especially when it comes to listening.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relations with all levels of management.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and less defined environment.
- Ability to work within a “virtual” corporate culture – work with remote employees.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz.
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros.Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. FinancialServices. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be can be accepted. No agency calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- calling on major clients in the Mining industry: 8 years (Preferred)
- mining sector and with major industrial clients: 1 year (Preferred)
- heavy mobile mining equipment and valuations: 1 year (Preferred)