The Systems Administrator is responsible to effectively install, configure, operate and maintain system hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization. This individual ensures that system hardware, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This individual will also lend their technical skills on various IT related tasks to ensure the continuing operations of the organization.
- Install/Rebuild servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storages, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Linux and Windows Server administration.
- Active Directory administration.
- Virtual machine administration.
- Data backup and restore
. • Develop, document and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system security and standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all server hardware, resources and key processes.
- Perform regular security monitoring.
- Provide escalated support to desktop support team
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat and Ubuntu) Basic administration tasks such as adding and deleting users and groups, granting sudo rights, editing configuration files, etc.
- Knowledge of Bash Scripting.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Service-Now.
- Familiar with Veeam Backup and Replication software.
- Familiar with IBM Spectrum Archive (LTFS).
- Familiar with Tape library operations.
- Familiar with VMware ESX 6.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Any cloud experience like GCP, AWS or Azure is a plus.
- 2+ Years of systems administration or similar experience.