The Company: Cognex Corporation
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $700 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but not themselves. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
We are looking for creative, bright, motivated individuals who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, global company. If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working together to create products that solve tough problems for organizations around the world, contact us to see how you can become part of our team!
This position is in the Software organization of ID Products business unit, which is responsible for designing and developing the most sophisticated industrial bar code readers in the world. We combine custom hardware, specialized lighting and optics with world-class vision algorithms to create embedded systems that can find and read high-density symbols on package labels or marked directly on a variety of industrial parts, including aircraft engines, electronics substrates, and pharmaceutical test equipment. Our devices need to read hundreds of codes per second, which requires the team to optimize hardware and software jointly to create best in class technology.
The ID Software organization is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated summer/fall interns with a passion for getting results!
You will work with our senior engineers and technical leads on projects that advance our software development infrastructure, enhances our key technology and the customer’s experience. A current project is to build an image database.
In this opportunity, you will receive the mentorship, technical challenges and opportunities necessary to build a solid foundation for your career in Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Contribute to database planning, design, implementation, as well as optimization
- Design and develop a databases and GUI design based on various business requirements
- Perform data modeling to visualize database structure
- Create optimized queries, working with application developers
Minimum education and work experience required
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other database management systems required
- Experience with PostgreSQL desired
- Strong C# programming skills required
- Experience with GUI design required
- Computer vision, signal or image processing and strong math skills preferred
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- A positive personality who enjoys looking for areas of improvement
- A creative, motivated, individual looking to work hard for an aggressive growth company
- Pursuing an BS, MS, or PhD from a top engineering school in EE, CS or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.