Simplot Plant Sciences consists of a dynamic group of collaborative scientists working on genetic improvement of crop plants.
The Molecular Scientist is a bench scientist who enjoys working to identify and execute new biotech strategies to develop and validate new traits. The Molecular Scientist will evaluate and critique the scientific literature to identify gene targets for deletion, insertion, or modification to confer advantageous effects on the metabolism, physiology, or architecture of the strawberry plant to produce fruit of increased quality, composition, disease resistance or yield. The Molecular Scientist is a collaborative member of a scientific team who is self-motivated and possesses a growth mindset. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential, as well as a strong interest and capability to innovate.
Plays an instrumental role in Research and Development through well-designed, rigorous experimentation and data interpretation. Collaborates with team members to incorporate trait strategies into commercial products. Provides molecular support for any international strawberry regulatory submissions. Contributes to scientific innovation through identification of new gene targets and development of scientific assessment tools. Supports overall scientific progress of the team by continuously seeking improvements, sharing knowledge and skills, and demonstrating a growth mindset. Takes on challenging tasks, remaining flexible and productive when faced with ambiguity. Actively, frequently, and effectively communicates with others.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, plant biology, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience working with molecular biology and biotechnology.
- Experience designing and constructing plasmids, DNA sequencing, quantitative PCR, and gene expression analysis are essential.
- Experience with biotechnology (e.g. CRISPR) and biochemical tools (e.g. GC/MS and LC/MS) are valuable.
- Strong computational skills are desired, including experience performing data and network analysis with the latest tools.
- Knowledge and experience of plant physiology and biochemistry is strongly desired, with an emphasis on strawberry or a related plant.
- Hard working, self-motivated, flexible, action-oriented and energized to take on challenging tasks with scientific integrity in the presence of ambiguity.
- Exhibits leadership skills and people management potential.
Simplot’s total rewards are designed to benefit you. We are committed to building a partnership with our employees to achieve success through better health, financial security, and development opportunities. We offer a comprehensive rewards package that includes health benefits, employer retirement contributions, paid time off, and educational assistance.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID# 7005
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact the JRS Talent and Culture department for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**