You must provide a cover letter acknowledging your agreement with the CAP mission statement (www.azpolicy.org) and a brief description of your Christian walk.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase the capacity of the President and act as the liaison, on behalf of the President, to the CAP staff and constituents. The Executive Assistant (EA) must possess the ability to respond effectively and efficiently to challenges and opportunities with professional poise and demeanor and to represent the organization well. With a keen awareness of expectations and the ability to initiate and lead relevant processes and procedures, the EA will anticipate the needs of the President, both immediate and long-term, and take decisive action. The EA will also be required to cross-train with other CAP administrative support staff.
- Manage the President’s calendar and schedule.
- Manage the President’s meetings including, but not limited to; creation/distribution of agenda, meeting logistics, reminders, consolidation of presentation, note taking, minutes, documenting/tracking action items, follow-up plans, etc.
- Record, transcribe, and distribute minutes of other meetings as needed.
- Assist the President to develop, maintain, and grow key strategic relationships that impact the organization.
- Manage the President’s corporate email account, incoming calls, and incoming/outgoing mail.
- Analyze incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Serve the President by becoming an advanced user of the constituent relationship management (CRM) database in order to track, maintain, and report on organization activities, constituents, and team performance.
- Conduct research and analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
- Responsible to maintain a document management system, including scanning paper documents as needed, and organizing electronic and paper files.
- Handle and maintain confidential material relevant to the President and organization with utmost discretion and privacy.
- Assist the President and work closely with the VP, Finance & Administration in all matters pertaining to the CAP Board of Directors. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining the Board meeting schedule and invitations, logistics (food and conference room set-up), recording and distribution of Board meeting minutes, and maintenance of Board-related files and records.
- Manage any special projects on behalf of President and Executive Team as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor all speaking and display table requests made of the organization.
- Responsible to coordinate President’s travel arrangements as well as all over-night or flight-related travel arrangements on behalf of the organization.
- Manage Bar Association renewals and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) class arrangements for President and Legal staff members.
- Prepare expense reports on behalf of President.
- Maintain key information for the President on a general organization calendar in Outlook, and keep the President informed of general organization calendar items.
- Faithfully serve as an extension of the President in all other respects.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree in English, Communications, or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum four years of progressively responsible executive administrative experience.
- Ability to type 65 words per minute (wpm), 75 wpm preferred.
- Strong computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and synchronize President’s calendar on three different devices
- Ability to master constituent relational management database system.
- Ability to manage data files, including, but not limited to, importing/exporting lists, filtering for criteria, and comparing lists.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, thoroughly, and accurately.
- Ability to anticipate needs, prioritize, and achieve deadline goals with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor with a constituent relationship focus.
- Self-starter, motivated daily by a passion to see our work advance.
- Problem-solver, able to document, analyze, research, and improve processes.
- Thrive in and enjoy working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced work environment; highly efficient.
- Ability to remain flexible with ever changing priorities.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Mature Christian, currently attending or pursuing attendance in a local church.
- Agreement with and adherence to CAP’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrated commitment to CAP’s mission and position on core issues.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential data. Trustworthy and responsible.
- A high level of professionalism. Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Assistant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Evangelical Christian: 4 years (Preferred)
- Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Preferred)