A new and exciting position is now open within the Biomarker Discovery Group at Progenity’s R&D facilities located in Ann Arbor, MI, near the University of Michigan. Progenity’s focus is the development of new and innovative molecular diagnostics products that provide reliable information for life impacting decisions in the fields of oncology and women’s health. We are seeking an individual who has the skill sets to identifying new molecular markers within the methylome, which are associated with normal and disease states, and can be translated into molecular diagnostic products. This person should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, which is driven by clearly mapped out timelines and defined milestones. In addition, knowledge of product development for RUO, LDT, and IVD products is essential to be successful, as the research will transition to the development of a liquid biopsy test for diagnostic applications through design controls, which includes exiting Phase Gates for feasibility, verification, and validation.
- Plans and executes large moderately complex individual and series of experiments, products, processes, operations and investigations driven by cross functional initiatives.
- May serve as Core Team Member representing R&D for projects.
- Industry knowledge and demonstrated product, and process knowledge. Extensive technical expertise required.
- Coach/mentor other Associates in a broad scope of technical and product areas.
- Proficiency in summarizing, analysing and conveying complex information clearly and adjusting communication to the audience.
- Regularly shares and applies knowledge gained from outside sources of information (scientific literature, patents, regulatory body websites, industry best practice) including integration of competitive information into projects. Stays current on industry/technology trends.
- Accountable for creation, review and approval of experimental designs, protocols, plans, procedures, product/process document, and reports to achieve business objectives.
- May be accountable for lab work or unit of work carried out by other Associates. Leads by example in following all policies, procedures as required and proactively identifies and remedies proble
ACCOUNTABILITY AND IMPACT
- Leads/facilitates technical and strategic discussions and decision making across functions.
- Authors and drives requirements definition at project/cross functional level.
- Responsible for review and approval of product specifications.
- Understands risk management concepts. Anticipates and plans for mitigations for product, process, project and schedule risks. Removes road blocks across unit of work.
- Drives process improvement ideation, implementation and sustainment within function. Will also be involved in driving broader scale improvement initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of industry standards and regulations. Influences interpretation of internal policies and procedures to minimize effort and time to bring products to market and support existing products in a compliant manner. Actively shares knowledge with others.
- Accountable for decisions including resource, schedule and cost estimates within unit of work. Uses sound judgment and thinks through impacts of situations, options, and broader impact as well.
PROBLEMFRAMING,SOLVING AND INNOVATION
- Identifies, assesses risk, and proposes correction/corrective action to resolve systemic issues. Diagnoses symptoms and determines root cause within unit of work. Establishing troubleshooting standards within the organization.
- Applies extensive knowledge to ensure standard work is effective, efficient, and of high quality.
- Uses and leads rigorous logic, problem solving, and process improvement tools and efforts. Identifies and implements opportunities for process improvements within function and department. Looks beyond the obvious symptoms to uncover root cause issues and prioritizes problems for solutions based on highest impact.
- Communicates effectively across functions and manages relationships with internal and external partners and customers. Leads by example in driving collaboration, encouraging team work, and motivating and recognizing the team. Removes obstacles to team work and collaboration.
- Influences tactical decisions across functions and strategic decision making within product line.
- Serves as primary (core) team member or team lead and technical lead within unit of wo
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- BS with 6 years plus, MS with 4 years plus, or Ph.D. degree with 2 to 4 years in life science field with a molecular biology/genomics focus. Ph.D. is preferred and other exceptional candidates will be considered.
- Extensive laboratory-based experimentation.
- Previous industrial experience required but not essential.
- Mentoring other associates.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in one or more of our technology platforms (molecular biology, methylation, genomics, next-generation sequencing, protein chemistry, statistics, and bioinformatics) is required.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: