Explore Part Time opportunities in our fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and discover the innovative world of Macy’s! As a team member, you will enjoy the benefits of competitive pay, associate discount, paid time off, and a flexible schedule! Macy's Logistics is seeking talented individuals for Part time Material Handler positions. Associates are responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of cartons by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner. Material handlers will also have the opportunity to learn multiple processes and cross-train.
- Loads and unloads cartons/merchandise to and from delivery vehicles, conveyor systems, etc.
- Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of 4 to 6 hours
- Processing must be completed in a timely manner to maintain established department and location standards
- Opportunity to be trained/licensed to operate power equipment
- Perform other related duties, special projects or assignments as required
- Adheres to company policies and procedures; follows department training guidelines, best practices, and operating procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Works well with fellow Associates, Supervisors and Managers
- Follows all Location Safety and Security Guidelines
- Physical ability to move merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance and items heavier than 50 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions
- Ability to consistently meet quality and performance standards
- Ability to use hand-held computers or other such devices.
Job Type: Part-time