After raising a total of 60 million euros in 2 years, Blade is going international in 2018 with the expansion of Shadow in Europe and in the US.
Shadow is a high-end Windows 10 PC accessible from anywhere at anytime. Thanks to our apps (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS) and to the Shadow Box, the service is available on any kind of device (laptop, smartphone, tablet, Android TV…). This way, any connected device with a screen becomes a powerful gaming or working station offering a unique experience.
Shadow’s software is frequently updated and the hardware components are improved in our highly secured data centers. No need to change your computer every few years, Shadow is the end of obsolescence!
We truly believe that Shadow represents a whole new way of using computers. Much more than a PC, Shadow is THE answer to the increasing need of computing power, mobility and hardware replacement.
Help us make this incredible dream come true.
Blade is seeking an outgoing, energetic and highly self-motivated HR Manager to be responsible for supporting the human resources operations function for Shadow. You will manage activities related to administration, on-boarding, benefits, employee relations, legal compliance and payroll. The HR Manager will ensure operational activities are properly implemented and maintained by being hands-on and able to work independently as a partner to internal staff, managers, external HR vendors and consultants.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and owning the end-to-end employee lifecycle workflow related to recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and on-going employee engagement
- Working with hiring managers, IT, etc to ensure a welcoming and seamless on-boarding experience
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Working at a strategic level, as well as executing basic administrative HR functions
- Reviewing total compensation & rewards to ensure the Company is competitive.
- Communicating and educating employees on benefit programs and acting as internal resource for all employee compensation and benefits questions.
- Driving HR strategy including development of performance appraisal processes, compensation analysis and employment branding & engagement
- Advocate for the needs of Blade employees, acting as a direct HR reference and resource for Blade employees.
- Responsible for partnering with the immigration attorney and employees to process all documents as required for immigration for legally compliant work authorization, in a perpetual and timely manner
- Budgeting - Develop and manage budgets for human resources operations and shared costs across the organization.
- Accouting related services, such as payroll, billing, closings, etc
- Tax related services, such as helping to define Company exposure to sales, use and property taxes
- Oversee and manage day-to-day office management tasks and culture activities.
- Ensure the office (specifically common areas and conference rooms) is professional, business-ready, organized, and clean at all times.
- Take on special / ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain Teammate records and files, including collecting and processing paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations; answer employment verification requests and unemployment claims.
Education and background :
Technical skills :
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in HR
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in establishing HR operations and functions, managing start-up compensation plans
Soft skills :
- A solid understanding of benefits, employment law, performance management
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and executives
- Must have start-up experience (ideally scaling HR for a rapidly-growing technology company)
- A natural go-getter attitude, data-driven, sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Knowledge of California employment related laws
- Must possess a high attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus on decisions and solutions
- Ability to apply common sense, business judgment, and integrity to issues
- Experience with MS Office applications, Google Business Suite and Human Resource Information System(HRIS)
- The ideal candidate must be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills