ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology”.
Actuators, motors, and sensors. Real time operating systems. Object oriented designs. Distributed control systems. Do you have experience with these technologies? Are you comfortable using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and JTAG emulators? Do you have experience developing electro-mechanical control systems for cutting edge industrial products? Would you like to work with some of the brightest scientists and engineers in the industry? Are you a self-starter who would rather lead than be led? If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to hear from you.
The DUV software group at Cymer is looking for a talented software engineer with experience in, and passion for, these technologies. As a Cymer SW engineer, you would be involved in the full software lifecycle, improving our control systems, adding features, and enabling our customers to create the next generation chips that power today’s leading technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You would work with Systems and Algorithms engineers to collect and refine requirements for the project you are working on. Using those requirements, you will formulate designs for integrating your software into the current system, implement those designs, and then unit test them. You would then work with our SQA team to verify those implementations, so they can be released to the field. Our project teams are small, so your visibility and impact will be high.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
- Experience in C/C++/ programming,.
- Experience using an RTOS: VxWorks, Integrity or other RTOS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, including Software configuration management and the ability to read and create appropriate project documentation.
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, control system theory, embedded software design, real time system interactions in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and principles of operation.
- Knowledge and ability to work with oscilloscopes, and signal generators.
- Must have knowledge and intermediate experience in at least 3 or more of the following:
- Embedded microprocessor development environments
- Object Oriented Design with UML
- Networking technologies such as TCP/IP etc.
- Embedded CORBA
- Serial communications (RS422, RS485, etc),
- CAN communication
- Assembly language programming
- Preferred experience:
- multi-core design,
- semiconductor capital equipment,
- multi-processor/distributed systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Travel within and outside the US may be required.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE