NATURE OF WORK
This is an advanced technical position responsible for high level technical resolutions and administrative maintenance. This position is instrumental in the analysis, development, preparation and implementation of diversified and complex information systems within the Clerk’s Office.
This role holds the responsibility of managing a diverse datacenter environment which includes both planning and implementing critical projects in support of a wide range of complex applications that rely on server functionality. This includes upgrades, maintenance and migrations and proactive monitoring of 24x7 mission critical systems.
Along with the planning and implementation of critical projects, the position also conducts daily tasks to ensure the proper functionality of all server based systems. These systems are distributed over 275 Windows-based servers (both Physical and Virtual) and involve Email, Data Storage, Web Resources and various third party applications.
The applicant must have extensive knowledge of virtualization in conjunction with SAN Technologies, long term storage and deduplication concepts.
The environment also includes numerous other applications that would be commonly found in an enterprise-level environment. Work is reviewed by the Server Technologies Supervisor or MIS Manager through weekly status meetings, reports, and daily contact.
This position requires a high level of independent judgment, technical skill, organization and planning. Must possess a core set of troubleshooting skills and technical knowledge that can yield timely results without delay and successfully multi-task several assignments without loss of quality. A strong focus on documentation is essential to success at this position. Experience with an enterprise ticketing system and ticketing concepts is required.
Employees in this class are required to liaise with various internal divisions/external vendors and clearly communicate technical requirements, departmental initiatives and relevant statuses both in email and in person.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Continual growth and knowledge, understanding, and skills of the technologies required to support the infrastructure of the Clerk’s network and devices. Continual training through certification coursework, and special training seminars or opportunities as made available from Clerk funding sources.
- Advanced Administration of Virtual infrastructures in conjunction with SAN storage which includes Site Recovery Manager, Fault Tolerance, HA, and DRS. Must be proficient with the setup and configuration of virtual networking components.
- Advanced administration of SANs (with Clustering technologies) which includes coordination and implementation of storage system upgrades and patching strategies. Performs system capacity analysis and planning to ensure continuous operation and resource utilization optimization. Able to install, configure, and maintain storage, replication, snapshots and backups.
- In depth knowledge of SAN storage components such as NFS, CIFS, SVMs, Fiber Channel, Multi-pathing.
- Advanced administration of Backup and Replication technologies which includes configuring backup and replication jobs and performing system recovery.
- Advanced administration of Email Infrastructures which include configuration of fault tolerance, Database maintenance best practices, Migration of data to various datacenters and backup/restore configuration.
- Advanced administration of the Microsoft Systems Center Suite.
- Advanced administration of Windows operating systems.
- Advanced Web content filtering administration which includes performing upgrades, planning and implementation of diversified filtering policies.
- Advanced Administration/Knowledge of Active Directory which includes DFS, Group Policy, Replication and AD architecture.
- Experience with SIEM concepts and real-time monitoring tools to identify and address emerging security threats through the use of continuous monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Experience with Enterprise or related Email Security and Protection Software.
- Experience with automation using Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with Enterprise Virus Scanning or related centralized security management software. Able to identify, manage and respond to security issues and threats.
- Experience with administering Cisco Routers and Switches which includes VLANs, Firewall ACLs, NAT and routing.
- Thorough knowledge of systems analysis, statistics, and formal principles of reasoning.
- Up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art automated hardware, software, and communications technologies and trends.
- Ability to adhere to and promote all policies and procedures set forth by management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment which requires cross-training team members and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to analyze workflows, design diagrams, and other diagram formats utilized to communicate technical processes, procedures, and inter-relationships.
- Ability to work independently to achieve stated goals and desired results.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college with coursework in computer science or information systems.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of server technologies which include:
- Advanced administration of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Advanced administration of Active Directory
- Advanced experience with NetApp SANs or similar enterprise storage technologies.
- Advanced administration of VMWare infrastructure.
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft Exchange Servers.
- Advanced experience with Veeam or similar enterprise backup and replication technologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with coursework in computer science or information systems.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, VMCE, VCP, CCNA Certifications
- 8+ years of experience in the field of server technologies.
- 5+ years of advanced administration of Windows Server 2008, 2012 or 2016
- 5+ years of advanced experience with Active Directory
- 2+ years of advanced experience with NetApp SANs
- 2+ years of advanced administration of VMWare infrastructure.
- 4+ years of advanced experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016
- 1+ years of advanced experience with Veeam backup technologies
- 2+ years of advanced experience with SCCM
- 2+ years of advanced experience with SCOM
- 2+ years of advanced experience with Microsoft Forefront, and Microsoft Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- 2+ years of advanced experience with Forcepoint web filtering
- 2+ years of experience with McAfee EPO.
- 2+ years of experience with Proofpoint Enterprise Cloud solutions.
- Advanced PowerShell scripting (Windows Server/Microsoft Exchange).
- Experience with Administering Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure which includes Replication, Cloud migration and disaster recovery.
- Experience withEqualLogic SAN arrays, EMC SAN Clarion Arrays.
- Experience with administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016.
- Experience administering Linux and other command line based systems.
- Experience with IBM AS400 systems.
For consideration and more detailed information about this position please visit our website at https://hr.browardclerk.org/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,928.00 to $92,664.00 /year
- advanced Microsoft Exchange: 4 years (Preferred)
- advanced NetApp SAN: 5 years (Preferred)
- advanced Microsoft Active Directory: 5 years (Preferred)
- advanced System Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- advanced VMware: 5 years (Preferred)
- advanced Veeam: 1 year (Preferred)