The Brand Director / General Manager will report to the VP/GM Emerging Brands. The qualified candidate will own and deliver strategies and plans to drive the growth and profitability of the brand, deliver consistent market share expansion, and strengthen brand equity, inclusive of:
- The development of brand positioning & marketing strategies
- The development and delivery of annual operating plan and P&L goals
- Creation of marketing plans and budgets that drive share and deliver financial objectives
- Ownership of all elements of the marketing mix (promotion/advertising, distribution/merchandising, packaging, product quality and news, pricing)
Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Build strategy to grow the brand as part of annual strategic plan process
- Develop and deliver annual operating plan and P&L aligned with business objectives
- Develop and execute annual plans for innovation, promotion, marketing investment
- Lead analysis and reporting of monthly performance (shipments, P&L, retail consumption)
- Lead monthly demand forecasting and S&OP process; manage DME (marketing) budget
- Develop insights from analysis of market data, competitor intelligence, consumer research, and customer/retailer data
- Develop robust & viable innovation pipeline and approve new item creation
- Develop communications strategy, including development of content and marketing mix
- Develop brand promotions and enable cross-brand promotional opportunities; recommend promotional calendar and merchandising programs
- Select and serve as liaison with outside agencies on ongoing promotional campaigns.
- Manage and execute brand-initiated product and packaging changes
- Lead Sales and Customer integration process through partnership with Sales team
- Collaborate with Sales on customer-specific item and promotion opportunities
People / Organizational Leadership
- Create professional development plans for managers and associate managers
- Ensure clarity of responsibility and facilitate accountability for team activities
- Provide step-up opportunities to develop members of team
- Support development of company culture and optimize ways of working
- Provide functional expertise and leadership for brand management
- Education: MBA preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 10+ years total business experience required. Minimum of 7 years of brand management experience in consumer-driven organization. Proven experience in managing and delivering on P&L requirements. Demonstrated track record in brand positioning, innovation and consumer communications (advertising / promotions).
Amplify Snack Brands is a fast growing “better-for-you” snack brand company based in Austin, Texas. Led by a team of world-class executives, the company produces guilt-free snacking products and prides itself in having products that taste great with simple ingredients.
The Company’s anchor brand, SkinnyPop, is a leading BFY ready-to-eat, or RTE, popcorn brand. In addition, Amplify’s growing family of brands includes Paqui Chips, Oatmega Bars, and most recently, Krave, barkTHINS and Brookside.
Amplify Snack Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of Amplify Snack Brands is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Amplify Snack Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans