Supports and is responsible for the daily administrative operations of a multi-physician, single/multiple practice (s) for a division or program. Coordinates administrative functions, plans and supports development of the site/joint division programs and all related areas. Manages all non-clinical personnel, maintains accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment requests and programs related to operational issues. Supports revenue cycle functions, Quality and Service Excellence initiatives.
1. Coordinates administrative functions, plans and supports program development of the Department/Division.
- Coordinates activities including growth objectives, space allocation, procurement of technological equipment, data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired outcomes of programs. Serves as a liaison with Administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations.
- Reviews comprehensiveness of programs on an ongoing basis and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Prepares reports and documents for Certificate Of Need (CON) applications. Plans and coordinates construction projects.
- Monitors program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with the Research Institute to oversee Research operations.
2. Manages department/division in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets - operational, personnel and capital.
- Supports or may assist with key revenue cycle functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, insurance verification, co-pay collection, charge capture and referral management.
- Understands the department/division’s fiscal responsibility in supporting research initiatives.
3. Manages daily operations and all non-clinical personnel in the division and all related areas.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and supervises staff. Evaluates performance and ensures efficiency in their roles. Completes appraisals on a timely basis.
- Oversees scheduling (vacation, holidays) and ensures adequate coverage at all times. Performs related personnel functions.
- Ensures staff members understand their roles and responsibilities. Supports continued growth of staff and offers opportunities for advancement.
- Assists in developing and maintaining objectives, policies and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the department/division.
- Strives to streamline operations and effectively apply new concepts and techniques for positive outcomes. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Assigns work and sees that it is carried out correctly and efficiently. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Maintains accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment request and programs related to operational issues.
- Acts as a liaison between attending physicians, patients, visitor's guests and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to answer any questions that might arise when dealing with patients, physicians, or any matters regarding the department/division/physician office.
4. Coordinates and oversees the resources of multiple administrative disciplines/functions.
- Coordinates efforts to prioritize needs of programs across departmental lines.
- Collaborates with administrative leadership, chairs, physicians and other clinical personnel to develop, implement and oversee clinical programs.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating a program's inception and performance and routinely monitors performance per volumes, referrals and trends.
- Optimize billing practices and collection of Part B revenues.
- Coordinates physician schedules pertaining to division services.
- Keeps abreast of all billing, coding and reimbursement related issues as they apply to the division and facilitates staff education in regard to these changes.
- Structures the appropriate flow of data to insure timely and appropriate management of clinical and financial issues, which may comprise patient care in the department.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with the physician staff with respect to their compliance and performance related to billing, coding and regulatory agency standards.
5. Ensures the continual efficient and compliant operational performance of the department/division.
- Compliant with all JCAHO, NYS DOH, Public Health Law, Institutional and Departmental rules and regulations and makes certain these are properly and completely addressed in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Reviews all changes in various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law and ensure that these are represented in the Policy and Procedure Manuals (after appropriate review with clinical and/or administrative personnel).
- Ensures department/division staff adheres to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA regulations and all other regulatory standards.
- Identifies quality benchmarks utilizing regional and national data to monitor programmatic quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
6. Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant managerial experience in a hospital setting required; experience in off-site practice management preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the health care marketplace, financial analysis, current reimbursement issues, budgets and operational analysis required.