InSite seeks bright, motivated people who are strongly interested in improving all aspects of a building’s performance. The Smart Building & IoT Integration Specialist will be responsible for solution engineering, implementation and supporting IoT data integration efforts during the initial ‘connect’ phase of a project as well as providing solution architecture support during pre-sales efforts. Part of this role will require interactions with cross-functional teams that may include other Sales, Operations, Engineers and Data Scientists. This role requires the ability to collaborate on a design and then implementing the solution in an integrated manner.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills with an interest in a wide range of commercial building and facility technology applications within Energy & Resource Analytics, Smart Building Technologies, Building Control Systems and Optimization. The individual will use their industry experience, passion for innovation and collaboration skills to ensure first-class delivery and support the advancement of IoT technology to InSite clients.
The Smart Building & IoT Integration Specialist will report to the InSite Vice President of Technology. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas and be able to actively demonstrate the following skills/requirements:
- Design, install and service Smart Building technologies including IoT devices, sensors, and gateways.
- Responsible for the overall direction and oversight for the technical aspects of the execution of integration projects.
- Oversees the daily activities between team resources and coordination efforts that involve the execution of processes and implementation of solutions.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting the company, clients, and employees and determines the correct course of action to implement the proper solutions with efficiency.
- Manage and coordinate external and internal project resources as well as scheduling and assist in the design review process with sales in the areas of Smart Building and IoT Systems and solutions.
- Review and identify the scope-of-work, scheduling deadlines, and system functionality with sub-contractors / technicians as well as inspect the project completions to ensure the quality of the work.
- Responsible for ensuring the Customer is trained on the installed systems and provides field installation and programming support as needed and may include service related support.
- Organized, self-managed, process-driven and interpersonal skills to support engagements.
- Experience developing and executing task lists and project budgets.
- High-energy, personable leadership style; enthusiastic motivator of people.
- Smart, innovative thinker, capable of advancing solution development.
- Strong oral, written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Work in a faced pace environment where you can operate autonomously at times and work independent of others.
- Familiarity with tools and practices related to managing a solution implementation, such as Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- 5+ years of industry and client engagement experience.
- 3+ years of project management in the construction and/or building automation industries.
- Working knowledge of building technologies and IoT sensors: BAS/BMS systems, EMS systems, IAQ/IEQ sensors.
- Working knowledge of one or more DDC control systems such as Honeywell, JCI, Automated Logic, Carrier, Alerton, Distech, Siemens, Schneider, Tridium, Metasys, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including sequence of operations, technical product literature, programming manuals, specifications and A|E drawings.
- Ability to communicate about troubleshooting basic communications wiring, control logic wiring and end devices.
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment, HVAC systems controls applications and relevant hardware and software products.
- Knowledge of commonly used building networks and network topologies: BACnet, Modbus, LonWorks, etc.
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills to produce efficient and accurate results.
- Strong solution management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities; agility to adjust quickly based on changing project dynamics.
- Ability to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft products and other relevant software.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5-7 years of relevant experience, PMP is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
InSite has implemented a full Health and Safety Program for our team including on-site related technology, best practices from CDC and many other items.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19