Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. ASTs work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. ASTs work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nations finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nations capital, or Utahs lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
**This particular position can be staffed in Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Sunnyvale, CA or Anaheim Hills, CA. **
As a Mission Engineer you will be an integral part of a team that makes decisions and generates ideas that will push products above and beyond. You will guide and oversee the design, build, test and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications.
We are currently seeking Mission Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and Raytheon management as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering including experience with design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
- Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
- Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
- Experience with Systems Integration, test execution, and test results documentation
- Experience problem solving and debugging
- Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
- Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
- Ability to work weekends and nights periodically to support integration and testing efforts
- Existing TS/SCI clearance (or Active within the last 24 months)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience with RF, Optics, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
- Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
- Experience developing high speed processing hardware or complex control software
- Experience developing training courses and training others
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Experience generating of test scripts to automate integration
- Experience in scoping
- Experience formalizing, developing and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work.
- Experience developing system level designs, high level control and data interfaces
- Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with Poly (or Active within the last 24 months)
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
Masters of Science (MS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.