Founded in 1997, Maesa is the world's largest independent beauty brand incubator. Maesa operates two categories of business – exclusive brands for mass, drug and specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Target, Ulta, Parlux, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Banana Republic, Walmart, H&M, and Zara. Launching over 4,000 proprietary products per year, Maesa delivers marketing and white space analysis creating proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. Vertically integrated with marketing, design, engineering, product development/formulation and regulatory, Maesa has mastered "commercializing creativity" servicing the fundamental revolutionary change in the beauty industry. Headquartered in New York and Paris, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 300 team members worldwide with over 150 employees in the US.
Maesa is currently seeking a Copywriter to join our team. The Copywriter will be responsible for helping to create the voice of the brands, brand presentation, packaging copy as well as writing, proofreading and copy editing digital marketing communications, including emails, website copy, banner ad copy and blog posts.
- Collaborate with brand managers, creative leads and business partners to create original, clear, innovative, compelling copy that strategically delivers for both digital and physical channels to promote seasonal campaigns, key launches and product stories across channels including: site, emails, advertising, social and printed collateral.
- Maintain a brand tone of voice across multiple channels, ensuring consistency in messaging.
- Seek to develop and maintain and keep understanding of our customers, who they are, where they live and what interests them.
- Write and edit copy including product copy for web, create keyword-rich content, tag lines and product descriptions to engage customers.
- Work closely with eCommerce team to ensure all copy deadlines are met for publishing new product to the website.
- Proofread/edit copy for proper spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University/college degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English or a similar field.
- 3–5+ years of writing and editing experience in the beauty, editorial or advertising industries.
- Experience in writing and editing specifically for digital is a plus.
- Ability to sharply proofread and edit English copy.
- Ability to manage long and short-term project timelines efficiently.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Acrobat Reader (Tools and mark-ups).
- Ability to work cross functionally, take direction well and collaborate with teams; flexible, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Highly organized, quick yet thorough and communicative.
- Attention to detail; able to efficiently organize projects for easy reference (version control).
- Extremely focused while able to multi-task and adapt to changing priority levels for ongoing projects.
- Works well under pressure; good people skills.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team and individually in the most productive manner; takes initiative.
- Open to being edited and working on multiple revisions in varying time frames.