In addition to this position being salaried we do offer the following benefits: health insurance, dental, vision, life, and PTO for all full-time employees.
Will consider relocation bonus for the right candidate!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee all kitchen operations which will include-ordering & inventory, hiring & training, food cost management, scheduling, cleanliness, management of kitchen staff.
- Lead, inspire, and develop staff to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly at all times
- Execution of menus sold in day-to-day corporate, social, wedding, and special events
- Adhering to standard recipes listed in the Recipe Menu Book to ensure a certain expectation of food is always reached, and continuing to add menu selections as items are created or needed. Also, ensuring all new menu items are added to the current recipe book
- Ensure consistency in policies, procedures, and SOP’s throughout all aspects of the kitchen
- Maintain and use employee issued email and calendar Microsoft Office daily.
- Maintain and use of Basecamp cloud program for continuous communication with other company positions on a daily basis.
- Support Management to ensure targets are met with food and labor costs
- Being compliant with food labeling and temperature controls by use of company’s date marking machine & systems
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team while undertaking a leadership role
- Leading by example and offering clear direction to team
- Being uncompromising in achieving company standards
- Ability to adhere to Health Code Standards & Policies, and ensure both kitchens are compliant at all times.
- Participation in weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Lead weekly Kitchen Production meetings.
- Attend weekly Production meetings when large events are taking place.
- Working knowledge of Caterease
- Understanding of company documents such as floor plans, BEO’s, and policies.
- Full knowledge and understanding of food and supply vendors.
- Vendors, contacts, pricing, ordering systems, and deadlines.
- Shopping at Restaurant Depot, Cosco, Sams Club, and local farmer markets *
- Knowledge and full understanding of food cost and cost of goods in relation to contract events at menu pricing.
- Maintain cooling and reheating temperature logs.
- Staying current on county health codes.
- Staying current on catering and food trends.
- Contributing and being active with new menu development.
- Follow and enforce the employee health policy.
- Ensuring that daily food and supply deliveries are accurate, stored in the appropriate cooler, freezer, or dry storage in a timely manner.
- Adhere to company’s van/truck/vehicle policies and SOP’s.
- Knowledge and cross training of Raleigh and Durham kitchens
This position supervises all aspects of the kitchen, in addition to overseeing, mentoring, and scheduling all kitchen staff.
This job operates in both our Raleigh & Durham locations, in addition to various event locations, and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift, at minimum eight hours.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs., carry 25 pounds, and stand for 8 hours in ad ay
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work. The average work week is 50-60 hours per week. There are several weeks throughout the year where this will be far more (our more robust seasons).
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant.
- Five years experience as a Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Current ServeSafe Certification
- Driver’s license – Must maintain a current valid automobile driver’s license and driving record (refer to Driver Acceptability Matrix)
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Sous Chef: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules