Job Title: Manufacturing Analyst, IT Application Solutions
Location: Lancaster, PA
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Analyst, Applications Solutions
· Lead / Participate in designing, testing and maintaining custom and standard applications used in the manufacturing process
· Lead / Participate / Collaborate in requirements gathering with manufacturing, quality control, IT and other organizations; Translate requirements into robust data designs; Provide technical guidance on systems options and collaborate with development staff to deliver business solutions
· Perform and/or oversee promotion of configuration/ development changes through environment (i.e., write functional specifications, create test plans/scripts, perform and/or coordinate testing with plant personnel and/or development team, obtain customer approvals and retain supporting documentation in adherence with project lifecycle compliance.
· Able to balance demands between an immediate fix and a sustainable long term process
· Understands IT capabilities and architecture within manufacturing related systems including, but not limited to, labelling, plant floor control systems, process automation and quality data collection.
· Leads application issue resolution and system interface troubleshooting as level 3 support member for escalations
· Acts as designer of new, complex business processes and/or extensions or additions to applications environment that have a high impact on business results
· Documents/Diagrams functional process flows to ensure optimization and synchronization of systems and business processes
· Interfaces with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies
· Participates in the development of processes using business process knowledge to verify that new processes and systems provide integrated solutions that satisfy business requirements
· Partners with IT peers to ensure technical issues are being identified, addressed and resolved in a timely manner
· Analyzes discrepancies and assists in the design of procedures to minimize any business impact
· Performs project management role for assigned projects, as necessary
· Maintains current knowledge of existing and emerging capabilities of SAP and other primary systems through contact with peers and associates, as well appropriate training from SAP vendors or other sources
· Trains plant staff on the use of systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity
· Moderate travel expected, approximately 10%
Other Skills and Abilities of the Manufacturing Analyst, Applications Solutions
· Demonstrated implementation experience with process control networks, MES systems, safety systems, and quality data collection systems. Understanding of the integrated processes surrounding line scheduling, bill of materials, product costing, line set-up (machine parameters and product formulations), scrap/yield reporting, and production reporting. Direct experience with global and regional system implementations, as well as multiple product/line/plant experience.
· Demonstrated experience in area of assigned responsibility.
· Working knowledge of technologies commonly utilized in a manufacturing environment.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate technical details in business language and relate technical concepts to a business impact.
· Ability to build relationships and willingness to communicate with customer groups.
· Strong statistical, analytical and advanced problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
· Broad working knowledge of application support principles.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate strategy, vision and direction and to embrace and facilitate change
· Results-driven, self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
· Exhibits accountability and accepts responsibility and consequences for work performance and conduct.
· Sets priorities, overcomes obstacles and opposition and uses organizational skills to get things done in a timely manner.
· A demonstrated ability to leverage existing resources to maximize technology investments.
· A demonstrated customer service orientation.
· Proven teamwork skills and the ability to influence without authority to colleagues, customers and various levels within the organization.
· Intellectual curiosity supported by strong listening and needs assessment skills; ability to identify root issues versus symptoms
· Experience in estimating the financial impact of application and business process alternatives.
· General understanding of the following:
o OSI PI Data Collection and Analysis
o SCADA Systems (Wonderware, Rockwell)
o Server setup and general management concepts
o Database configuration
o Database queries
o Basic .Net
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or similar field required.
· 3 years’ experience within MES/SCADA arena (Wonderware experience strongly preferred)
· Demonstrated experience in writing SQL queries
· Strong analytical skills, applied to both IT applications and business processes design, preferably in manufacturing environment, with an aptitude for detail oriented work and problem solving
· Above average verbal and written communication skills, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization, including production line workers, supervisors and managers
· Certification in either a process discipline (ITIL, PMI, Six Sigma) or technical discipline (SAP, Data Warehousing)
Job Type: Full-time