This is general clerical and administrative support work performed in a school. An employee in this class performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office skills. Assignments typically consist of one or more standard office operations such as phone and visitor reception work, file maintenance, data entry including routine database maintenance, keyboarding including word processing of common office/business documents, mail processing, library clerical work, and similar tasks that are quickly learned on the job. Assignments are generally limited in scope, contain fairly routine tasks, and are performed within a procedural framework established by a higher-level employee.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responds to request for information made from the public, parents, staff, and or other interested parties.
- Answers routine questions; directs callers/visitors to appropriate location or staff member.
- Prepares a variety of routine correspondence, logs, information, paperwork, invoices, forms and or other related information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes a variety of correspondence, deliveries, and mail.
- Files electronic and hard copy documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods established with filing systems.
- Performs routine database maintenance duties including entering data into computerized database programs and systems, editing and correcting data; may produce reports, lists, summaries and other documents that are printed out and distributed.
- Reviews and maintains calendars for school staff; schedules appointments and or meetings; updates bulletin boards; maintains reference files/materials/logs, and other office records.
- May notify central office staff, school staff, and other parties of informational matters requiring their attention.
- Supports library clerical work including managing library materials; maintaining current records; printing overdue notices; assists library users in locating materials and using equipment such as readers, projectors, index files, card catalogs, and computers.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of general English vocabulary, spelling, and arithmetic; working knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures
- Ability to compose routine memoranda and letters from general instruction; maintain clerical records and prepare routine reports from such records
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, scanner, fax machine, phone system, shredder and other general office equipment
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills and to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
10 months/198 days, 7 hours per day
Principal or Assistant Principal
$18.34 - $19.48