Barton Cotton is a results-driven fundraising company that has proudly served hundreds of the world's best-known causes for nearly a century. We design and execute direct marketing programs that help nonprofits increase net income, cultivate and grow donor files, and generate a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Barton Cotton is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst. This role will be responsible for financial reporting, planning, and forecasting activities for the business unit. Through creation of reports and analyses, the incumbent will identify and communicate areas of financial risk and/or opportunity.
- Prepares complex financial models to provide insights to management and support business decision making
- Collects client profitability data and issues periodic analyses and reports
- Develops financial presentations for management.
- Collects financial and operational information from multiple sources and integrates information into financial summaries and charts.
- Communicates effectively through verbal and written communication.
- Provides analytical support for budgeting / forecasting and long-term planning processes.
- Supports special projects to facilitate the implementation of changes to processes, tools, or business practices in the department and then use in addressing BU needs
- Interacts with managers, staff, and peers to provide clarification, researches issues to their appropriate conclusion and provides follow-up monitoring of results.
- Participates in the review of financial data received from various sources.
Financial Reporting and Project Support
- Provide insights on BU trends and provide recommendations for improvement
- Designs and develops complex reports or retrieves information for ad-hoc reporting requests and special projects
- On a monthly basis, updates recurring financial models and provides insights to management
- Stays abreast of the latest business goals and drivers, and incorporates them where possible to enhance reporting solutions
- Provides quality oversight for all critical and client-facing reporting and analysis deliverables
- Develops new reports utilizing relevant data sources
- College degree and 3-5 years of finance or accounting experience
- Confidence and ability to interact with senior managers
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Energy, enthusiasm and detail orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Responsive, team-oriented approach with excellent client-service skills for effective relations with internal clients
- Strong analytical skills coupled with solid oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Aptitude to learn and use ERP systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Analysis: 4 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 8 years (Preferred)
- Forecasting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 5 years (Preferred)