ASSOCIATE MERCHANDISE PLANNER - HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to participate in driving our growth. Reporting to our Sr. Merchandise Planner, our Associate Planner will partner in cross functional roles and drive decisions to maximize revenue and profitability across all channels, through forecasting, purchasing and inventory management.
Buying & Inventory Management
- Assist inventory management of categories, including forecasting and buying responsibilities, ensuring in stock rates to maximize revenue while hitting turn targets
- Participate in open-to-buy process, monitoring receipts and shifting as needed
- Responsible for out of stock reporting, ensuring products in season are stocked at the warehouse for replenishment
- Responsible weekly reporting and recaps, presenting and sharing key insights with cross-functional teams and management
- Partners with leader on development of pre-season and in-season plans for specific categories.
- Performs pre-season, in-season and hindsight analysis to identify opportunities for future buys
- Collaborate on best strategies to address product liabilities and develop actions to liquidate in a timely and profitable manner
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Partner closely with Merchandising on assortment and pricing for new product launches, communicating any risks and ensuring IMU and financial targets are achieved
- Share product performance, trends, and key insights with Design and Merchandising to help support line plan development for future assortments
- Participate in developing strategies and collaborating with cross-functional teams on future promotional plans, ensuring financial targets are achieved and teams are aligned on execution
- Partner with Allocation on channel distribution strategy, ensuring buy strategy and priority items are supported
- Work with Marketing and Visual teams to ensure product features are supported with inventory
- Assist in the development of plans and forecasts for Wholesale boutiques, working closely with Wholesale team on Revenue goals, evaluate any inventory transfers to Wholesale.
- Partner with Events and Affiliate teams on inventory needs, work closely with the Distribution Center and Allocation teams to ensure the inventory gets to the correct point of contact
- A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Planning, Buying or Allocation role; corporate retail experience preferred
- 4 Year College degree required; B.S Degree in Retail Merchandising preferred
- Proficient level experience with Excel and the ability to learn new programs quickly
- Demonstrates the ability to break apart information and communicate impacts based on data
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and follow up are critical in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates risks and opportunities in easily understood and concise communication
- Meets challenges with flexibility, motivation and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
- A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
- A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy