Maintenance Technician III (video)
The Engineering Maintenance Technician performs all general facility maintenance under minimum supervision in a manner which insures the preservation of optimum quality and efficient production. Perform service requests and repairs as directed. Perform maintenance work for make-ready units as directed. Clean and inspect all common areas and building systems and report deficiencies to supervisor(s). Adhere to the company’s safety programs.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain facility systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing: Monitor and repair HVAC system for the entire facility. Perform plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC and fittings. Reset/replace breakers, ballast and other electrical fixtures including switches and sockets; prevent and trouble shoot possible electric hazards. Monitor and repair the water (boiler) system in living units and facilities to ensure adequate hot water supply for guests, customers and employees. (50% time)
2. Perform preventative maintenance of all aspects of units, common areas and grounds as required: Responsible for preventive maintenance programs on all systems such as HVAC, boilers, pool certification etc. (30% time)
3. Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks including: General supervision and training of Maintenance Techs I and II. (10% time)
4. Assist the Maintenance Department and performs other duties as needed: (10% time)
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation – or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com. Our world is your destination.
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical College / School certification required
b) Training requirements
- Facility systems training such as HVAC, electrical or plumbing repair
- EPA certification
c) Knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, guests and owners
- Competent skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
- Competent skills regarding the operation of sophisticated equipment in the repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
d) Technical Skills
- Certified HVAC, plumbing or electrical skill required
- Working knowledge of appliance repair
e) Job experience
- 3+ years HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair and general maintenance experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.