Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under considerable supervision, coordinate the Information Technology (IT) Data Center physical enterprise infrastructure environment and facility support systems. Provide installation, maintenance and support of the mainframe, distributed systems, network equipment, direct access storage device (DASD), and distributed and mainframe storage. Responsible for complex analysis and resolution of problems within the department. Utilize software and hardware tools for identification and diagnosis of problems and factors affecting the IT enterprise infrastructure performance and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Assist with routine testing, analysis, and installation of all elements of the IT enterprise computing infrastructure facilities (e.g. power, communications and processing equipment, software, lines, modems, terminals).
2. Provide support as required for the IT Data Center security policy.
3. Assist with collaboration with other business units in support of corporate objectives, project goals and initiatives.
4. Develop and maintain documentation for supported IT enterprise infrastructure.
5. Retain ongoing knowledge of facilities management and technology within the supported IT enterprise infrastructure.
6. Provide 24x7 on-call availability for supported IT enterprise infrastructure, as required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of relevant Information Technology experience
3. A demonstrated understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
4. Knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server software, problem analysis and performance enhancement
5 . Familiarity with network interfaces and technologies
6. Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs, developing creative solutions and researching/synthesizing information to resolve problems
7. Ability to acquire complex technical concepts through training and self-study
8. Good interpersonal and communication skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight