Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Project Engineer, you will:
- Serve as the Army Liaison, you will be the primary interface to the US Army for the Missile Body (MB) Development team, attending all CPS/US Army and LRHW meetings to ensure alignment between the AHPO/LRHW/CPS program and the MB Development team
- Work with the Courtland AI&T Missile Production team to ensure the US Army delivered missiles are build and delivered on schedule. Work with the supply chain management team to ensure all MB parts are ordered and delivered on time
- Work with the Structures, Propulsion, Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) hardware, ordnance initiation, flight termination, telemetry/instrumentation, power and distribution, cabling and interconnects, and RF element subsystem domain teams
- Work with the System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead in planning and execution of SEIT work scope and program execution
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, schedules, and work plans
- Lead the planning, organizing, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Possess strong system thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
Typically has 9 - 14 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Understanding of Control Account Management (CAM), scheduling, planning/budgeting, tracking, Earned Value Management (EVMS), and project engineering
- Familiarity with flight systems development lifecycle; from architecture design, requirements derivation, preliminary design, prototyping, analysis and testing, production, and operational support
- Familiarity with technical support for supplier management procurement.
- Familiarity with aerospace and defense parts and systems production oversight
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Proven leadership skills and whole systems thinking
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to easily convey information/data
- Positive attitude, accountable and responsible
- Experience collaborating within multi-functional teams
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment
- Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.