Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Designer is responsible for brand management for SFJAZZ, design, production of advertising (online, print, digital and broadcast), collateral development, and environmental graphics. This is a hands-on position requiring a positive attitude, organizational and communication skills, clear understanding of and experience in branding, the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, the talent to create compelling and appropriate design solutions, and the discipline to manage multiple large projects responsibly. This person will work collaboratively with another designer within the Marketing Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design of materials associated with SFJAZZ and SFJAZZ Center events and programs, including but not limited to, advertising (digital, print, broadcast, outdoor), sales catalogues, program books, brochures, postcards, website, posters, invitations, venue signage, press materials and merchandise.
- Meets with various SFJAZZ departments to discuss project objectives and requirements; develops and presents appropriate design solutions.
- Selects and edits photography.
- Obtains required approvals for all phases of a project, works well under pressure and responsibly meets deadlines.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 2 - 4 years graphic design experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of branding principles and imperatives required.
- Work experience with a preference for arts/entertainment organizations.
- Expertise with industry-standard graphic design and digital art production tools for print and web media is essential with strong skills required in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), as well as Acrobat.
- In-depth knowledge of production processes in both print and digital media required.
- Must have the ability to think strategically and manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines, and be agile in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of graciously synthesizing and incorporating feedback from a variety of sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to sell your design concepts to the management team.
- Strong interest in the performing arts and music.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year