Job Title: Area Coordinator
Working from home, the Area Coordinator provides supervision, direction and leadership to all Home Care for Maine (HCM) direct care staff in York & Cumberland County. The Area Coordinator conducts in-home reviews to ensure that consumers receive high quality service that complies with applicable HCM and State/Federal program policies and procedures.
1. Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service in all interactions with consumers, staff, co-workers, referral sources and the public; acting as an ambassador for Home Care for Maine.
2. Ensures provision of safe and high quality care to consumers
- Schedules and conducts initial and follow up home visits to consumers to evaluate home environment, care needs, safety issues, consumer satisfaction, worker performance and compliance with applicable State/Federal program requirements. Communicates findings of visits with scheduling coordinator and care coordinating provider to ensure smooth coordination of care.
- Performs and documents interim calls to consumers to evaluate consumer satisfaction with care.
- Based on observations at home visits and during consumer calls, advises agency leaders on changes to HCM policies and operating procedures.
- Schedules and conducts in-home supervision of Personal Support Specialist as required to be complaint with applicable HCM and State/Federal program requirements.
- Represents Home Care for Maine in handling consumer or referral source complaints. Assists and communicates with Program Director on all employee and consumer related issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the consumer and referral sources and collateral agencies involved with care, as appropriate. Builds and maintains effective relationships with, provider agencies and other referral sources as needed.
3. Ensures PSS/ Direct Care Workers are adequately trained and supported during the provision of care.
- Assists Program Director in training and supervision of direct care workers by reinforcing policy and procedure and providing hands on training and supervision out in the field.
- Conducts mandatory pre-service orientation to new hires as needed
- Conducts in home supervisory visits with each PSS in geographic area on an annual basis. Documents these contacts in CareVoyant, following program standards.
- Provides positive and corrective feedback to PSS based on findings of in home visits.
- Develops a service plan, secures emergency contact and contingency plan for each consumer. Educates consumer and contingency contact of their role as necessary.
- Reviews and updates consumer care plan at each visit to correctly reflect care needs and instructions regarding care.
4. Complies with regulation regarding in home supervision of PSS and face to face consumer visits
- 100% compliance with consumer visits per regulation.
- Completes appropriate documentation according to HCM policies and procedures and ensure adherence to all State/Federal guidelines.
- Completes home visit documentation within 24 hours of the visit.
- Communicates and work effectively with other HCM employees as needed.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and agency protocols regarding consumers’ health information.
- Offers Advance directive information and documents consumer preferences.
-Associate degree in Social Services/ health related field or equivalent case management experience. Bachelor's degree or LSW preferred.
-Two years of experience working with adult consumers/families in in-home settings strongly preferred
-Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA.
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
-Intermediate computer knowledge and experience with electronic medical records and documentation systems.
-Access to high speed internet service other than satellite services in order to accommodate home office and internet communication.
-Valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and valid auto insurance.
-No criminal conviction history & clean driving record.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Case Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)