Customer Support Specialist
We are a fast growing, ISO certified, FDA approved, medical device company that has achieved a dramatic simplification in the complexity of DNA and RNA molecular testing. Our patented technology provides everything needed to conduct rapid molecular tests at the point-of-care. Our palm-sized, reusable dock and disposable test cassette form a user-friendly system for use anywhere, from the physician’s office to the patient’s home.
We are seeking a Customer Support Specialist who will be responsible for providing direct and indirect customer technical support for our products. Duties will range from providing phone and worksite support to customers and internal personnel; complaint handling including receiving, logging, investigating, resolution, tracking and trending; training customers and internal personnel; products and improving technical support procedures and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to our customers by telephone, email and traveling to customer sites.
- Provide customer assistance to marketing as required.
- Customer complaint handling including receiving, logging, resolving with customers and tracking/trending of complaints in compliance with the Quality System requirements
- Report tracking and trending of field product performance metrics to enable continuous improvement.
- Will be responsible for answering customer calls and trouble shoot issues.
- Participate in developing and implementing new product and technical support plans to ensure successful launch and customer support
- Maintain detailed records of customer reports, visits and provide a professional and efficient customer service facility for all customer queries
- Represents and promotes a sales perspective and customer support to the end customer
- Works with colleagues to develop new products, sales and marketing plans and promotional programs in order to achieve short term revenue.
- Identifies, monitors, and trains distributors via meetings, exhibitions and working with them in the field
- Manages and monitors customer contracts.
- Communicates goals, objectives, priorities, and authority parameters to lead generator.
- May assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required
Education and Experience
- Minimum AA Degree in Science Field, or Nursing or Nurse Assistant background.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field is a plus
Skills – General
- Customer or Technical support or field service experience in supporting medical device products preferred
- Strong customer service skills to include verbal and written communications
- Prior customer support experience required
- Must be willing to work remotely with flexible hours.
- Must be willing to travel 33% of your time to customer sites
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people; good communication/diplomacy skills
- Detail oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Professional, engaging and confident demeanor
- Must be organized with strong analytical skills
- High level of computer proficiency using MS Office applications
- Has a valid driver’s license and able to travel by car up to 3-4 days per week.
If you like the start-up environment, have a problem driven mindset, want autonomy working for an innovative company, get ready to roll-up your sleeves and join our team of collaborative people!
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: