By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture, and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
As a Senior Software Engineer you are an integral member of the AvidXchange software development team, building best-in-class advancements to our products. Bring your experience to the table to collaborate, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and implement premier software. Design your best solutions and build prototypes to test/improve your design. Your mentorship will help software engineers grow their technical expertise. Working with other disciplines, such as product, architecture, database, dev/ops and performance, you will design the best product solutions.
- Performing full life cycle application development, including researching available technical options for features, providing guidance and feedback on the findings and building proof of concepts to confirm the best approach.
- Building open communication with your Product Owner, Quality Test Automation Engineers, fellow Software Engineers, Development DBA, Architects and Scrum Master to understand and transform business requirements into business-savvy features
- Determine optimal solutions for architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability in cooperation with developers and architects
- Solving problems, debugging, and optimizing code to ensure optimum performance and security
- Teaming up with QA to review, approve and design against test cases- ensuring our demanding customers' expectations are fulfilled
- Aiding Product Management in the creation of product road maps and ensuring quarterly objectives are realistic and achievable
- Performing code reviews for team deliverables to ensure code follows documented standards and best practices
- Managing code technical debt and ensuring appropriate unit test coverage
- Collaborating with Principle Engineers to create solution designs, following Architectural guidance and design
- Working with team to incorporate new coding and technology solutions into products
- Mentoring junior developers
- Ensuring team solutions utilize the prescribed software delivery pipeline
Areas of Impact
- You will have the opportunity to drive the design and creation of new product features to improve our customers' experience and to continue to build upon your technical expertise.
- You'll assist with the onboarding and mentoring of Software Engineers including: explaining company domain knowledge, sharing standard methodologies, and performing code reviews.
- You'll also grow your interpersonal skills in an open, engaging, and collaborative environment.
- You will use your expertise to provide technical engineering leadership for a development team.
- You will participate in the interview process for new engineers.
For this role, you will need the following experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ years of .NET software development experience building web-based applications OR a Master’s degree and 3+ years of .NET software development experience
- Designing solutions with Service oriented or micro service architectures: ESBs, REST, SOAP, XSLT, and XML
- Using Advanced SQL Server 2014+ including stored procedures, indexes, and functions
- Hands-on experience following Agile software development processes (Scrum/Kanban)
- Handling code versions via source control systems (such as CVS, Git, TFS) in continuous integration environments
- Exercising sound coding practices, such as unit testing, object-oriented programming, and patterns
Your knowledge and expertise in any of the following areas is a plus
- Crafting web-based financial systems
- Using RabbitMQ, Entity Framework, Aurelia, or jQuery
- Building applications in Azure-based Cloud architectures (highly desired)
- Employing secure coding practices including familiarity with OWASP top ten
- Using UML to model/diagram software solutions
- As a successful Senior Software Engineer at AvidXchange, you can expect to succeed at the following:
- You will demonstrate a deep understanding of design methodologies, patterns, prototyping, and client server / object oriented technologies and programming techniques and the ability to design and build optimal product solutions.
- You will show an in-depth knowledge the appropriate tools and processes to minimize security vulnerabilities in our custom-crafted software.
- You will build strong, open, effective communication channels with your immediate and extended teams, across technical disciplines, and with your management to deliver quality products.
- You will drive innovative solutions, technical leadership, and process improvements to help your team deliver superior results.
- You will immerse yourself in a company culture that cares about its clients and its employees and balancing work with life.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against
applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.