King School seeks a skilled a Network Administrator and User Support Technician. This is a full-time, 12-month opportunity to work in a technology infused environment, providing services and support to our business and marketing departments as well as the academic community of approximately 700 students and 150 faculty. The position reports to the Director of Institutional Technology. It requires the ability to work both independently and cooperatively with the IT team and outside vendors.
King’s IT Infrastructure Includes:
- 1-1 student laptop program in Middle and Upper Schools
- Faculty and administration laptops and desktops
- Cisco switches and Ruckus wireless networks
- Physical and VMware virtual servers employing diverse operating systems
- 10-Gigabit fiber optic backbone connecting six buildings on campus
- VoIP and POTS systems for voice, data and alarms
- Access Control and IP Video security systems
Responsibilities and Primary Duties
- Install, setup and maintain VMWare and hardware Windows and Linux servers
- Coordinate cloud-based systems: backup, file distribution, business, and student information
- Support and expand Disaster Preparedness procedures
- Active Directory file sharing and privileges administration
- G Suite for Education administration
- Manage, troubleshoot, and document help tickets in a courteous manner, providing hardware and software support to all users.
- Range of user support includes Macintosh and Windows operating systems, network and printer troubleshooting, Audio/Video systems, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as vertical applications used by individual departments
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field essential
- Network administration and server experience.
- Experience in IT on a help desk, preferably in a Mac-centric, K-12 school setting
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) and G Suite Certified is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to King’s Mission, Virtues, and Diversity Policy Statement
Full Time, Exempt.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 3 years (Preferred)