This position is responsible for all manufacturing engineering activities and processes related to the production of aerospace rubber components for the Dayton facility.
- Partners with Operations to improve, develop and maintain robust manufacturing processes in order to meet customer requirements while increasing productivity, reducing variation, and eliminating waste.
- Collaborates with other engineering team members and support teams to develop, improve, document, and verify manufacturing processes and methods.
- Provides technical direction to manufacturing, production, and support staff through the analysis of production data
- Investigates manufacturing problems to develop and implement root cause corrective action
- Develops and maintains manufacturing instructions, process drawings, tool lists and product routings
- Plan, organize, and lead manufacturing engineering projects which involve both changes and adaptations of existing equipment or processes
- Responsible for project assignments to maintain equipment and improve efficiencies within the area of responsibility
- Interacts with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in technical problem solving, coupled with demonstrated technical documentation skill
Ability to manage multiple, fluid priorities and proactively address business demands in a fast-paced environment
Strong organizational and planning skills and the demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects
Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with limited information
Able to communicate effectively with management, and co-workers to promote strong working relationships and create an environment focused on teamwork
Understands and demonstrates comprehension of drawings and blueprints
Excellent oral and written communication skills when dealing with individuals across the organization and with external customers or vendors
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Non Mandatory Qualifications:
Experience in an Aerospace manufacturing facility
Experience with elastomeric or thermoset technologies
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.