At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Operations Support Supervisor position is responsible for ensuring a team of up to 30 Seasonal, Work at Home and local Operations Support Agents are providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate Employees by answering advanced hardware, software and networking troubleshooting calls or web chats in a Performance Based Contact Center environment.
You will be tasked with day to day Contact Center management including; Real Time Queue, schedule adherence, and payroll management of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Level employees and communicating Employee Impacting issue trends to Operations Support Managers and Director.
In Addition, you will partner with our Quality Management team to ensure Agent level Performance metrics and expectations are consistently communicated and met. If not, improvement plans are developed for Most Help Needed Agents.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Demonstrate strong coaching skills – Able to lead, coach and motivate others. Provide and document performance feedback through side-by-side coaching, performance reviews, goal setting and ongoing performance management.
- Ability to partner with and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Can lead by example – Able to influence others and demonstrate positive behaviors and skills that are being managed in others.
- Manage and follow up on Team Level case load per Service Level guidelines.
- Offer Real Time Coaching and Guidance to Tier 1, Tier 2, and Lead Level employees.
- Communicate Employee Impacting issue trends to Operations Support Managers and Director.
- Participate in the interviewing process and makes hiring recommendations
- Supportive of improvement initiatives. May be called upon to participate in cross-functional meetings to give input on Line of Business improvement opportunities
- Supportive of motivational programs that include incentives, contests and team performance initiatives.
- Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Able to use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee’s reason for contact.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
- Able to verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Employee situations.
- Able to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Able to understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills – Agents will utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee’s reason for contact.
- Will handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
Physical Demand and Work Effort:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Accounting or equivalent related business experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant Contact Center Supervisor experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Contact Center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
- Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
- Keying / typing (60WPM), sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Blended Contact Center environment.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- FLSA status: Seasonal, Salary, Exempt
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary