Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores
in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and
merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and
accessories market for 13 to 22-year- old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that
seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail
environment -- it's an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing
exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising
strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the
customers' lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can
wear! For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers/about
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We're committed to our people -- we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers -- we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck. . . Work Hard-
Make Good Money,
Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
JOURNEYS STORE MANAGER- JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Providing a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Recruit, train, and develop a successful sales team
- Evaluate training needs
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with allotted hours
- Ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store
- Identify unacceptable work performance and administer appropriate
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team
- Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
- 6 -- 12 months retail sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome
Job Type: Full-time