Position Title: Dean of Allied Health and Sciences (Reg FT)
Department: Academic Affairs
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 27, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position will be required to travel to all CCAC locations.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 20 - $95,004
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5884
Job Open Date: 3/13/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The Dean of Allied Health and Sciences provides academic leadership and administrative support to division faculty in the design, implementation and continuous improvement of disciplinary programs and services. Working in support of the mission and goals of the College, the Dean is responsible to the Office of the Provost for academic, personnel, and curriculum concerns in the division.
Requirements: A Doctorate degree is required. Candidates must have a credential in an Allied Health-related field (a graduate degree preferred) or a graduate degree in a Science discipline. A minimum of five years of experience in academic leadership is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching (full time, tenure track preferred), curriculum development, faculty supervision, and specialized accreditation. Prior community college experience is preferred in academic scheduling, assessment, program review, and strategic planning. Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal communication, and mediation skills and the ability to work effectively with various constituencies to foster a cooperative student-centered environment.
1. Directs, implements, and monitors the development, implementation, maintenance, delivery and integrity of curriculum;
2. Directs and supports college-wide discipline assessment and accreditation efforts including the development of program reviews;
3. Proposes new academic programs in response to identified community needs and leads the development of curriculum in collaboration with disciplinary faculty;
4. Supervises full-time faculty, department heads, associate deans, and support staff; conducts classroom observations and portfolio reviews;
5. Fosters a student-centered educational environment responsive to diverse learner needs; promotes instructional innovation and supports professional development;
6. Reviews and coordinates the sequencing of programs and scheduling of courses for assigned disciplines across the college; monitors student enrollment and adjusts credit schedule accordingly. Directs classroom scheduling and faculty assignments in collaboration with department heads and Associate Deans;
7. Facilitates the preparation of short-and long-term division/department/discipline plans and collaborates with other academic deans, faculty, staff, and administrators in support of the college's mission and strategic goals;
8. Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with business and industry partners, community organizations and educational institutions; proactively promotes innovative partnerships to meet workforce and transfer needs;
9. Oversees the self-study/reaffirmation process for all accredited academic programs within the division;
10. Participates in budget development and approves departmental budget items for associated disciplines;
11. Travels to various campuses and additional locations to ensure and oversee academic operations and functions;
12. Responds to and resolves academic faculty/student problems and concerns;
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=616&site=3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency