*We ask that you read the full job description before submitting an application to ensure qualified applicants.
The senior writer must have experience in writing in the field of higher education, including a familiarity with the college admissions process, financial aid, and especially Ivy League college content. The ideal candidate is an innovative, motivated, and creative expert in written content. Some articles will be written under the company name and some under your own name. The ideal candidate has been published on major news sources - Forbes, Inc, Business Insider, U.S. News, etc. This position essentially offers steady freelance work to the right candidate.
This is a 1099 position (independent contractor)
- Creating original content for in-house blog posts and articles on partnership websites
- Pursue outreach opportunities for reaching new audiences
- Proofread copy and design
- Management of blog and blog content
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English or Journalism. Advanced degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in writing in the higher education field.
- Work has appeared on major news sources - Forbes, Inc, Business Insider, U.S. News, etc.
- Ability to match brand messaging and voice in all written content.
- Writing Samples/Creative Work Portfolio must be submitted along with resume.
- Demonstrated experience in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
- Collaborate well with coworkers to complete writing, copyediting, and proofreading needs.
- The ability to frequently stay on top of email communication and respond to in a timely manner, weekends included. If you check email once every 2 or 3 days this is not the job for you. If you do not do email on the weekends, this is also not the job for you.
- Attention to detail in addition to editing and proofreading ability.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Canva (or other graphic design software) - this goes hand-in-hand with blog posts/article writing. Articles + Infographics.
- Social media marketing (Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Night shift
Hours per week: