Responsible for putting away new inventory in systematic manner.
Are not limited to, and may include all or some of the responsibilities listed below:
- Checking new inventory on packing slips as it arrives to make sure everything has been delivered and is in expected condition.
- Be available on Tuesday and Friday mornings when largest inventory from Gordon Food Service and Jilbert’s Dairy arrives.
- Uses systematic, manager outlined approach to putting away new inventory (for example, freezer items first, paper good last).
- Follows guidelines for rotating items to ensure newest inventory is used after previously received inventory.
- Follows guidelines for discarding or recycling of cardboard and other packing materials.
- Ensures items are put in designated, labeled locations so staff can find items easily.
- Keeps stock areas neat and clean.
- May work alongside another stockroom attendant to complete duties. Orders are very large and require fast processing so frozen or refrigerated items are put away quickly to prevent thawing.
- May also have duties related to packaging food items, for example, dividing lunch meats into 4 ounce portions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Might be suitable for someone who enjoys restaurant/retail work in busy tourist location but without interacting with customers
- Flexibility; Ability to be comfortable with changes in assigned tasks
- Able to collaborate and work in a team.
- Hard working mind set
- Professional manner; on time, follows directions, complies with company rules
- Necessary qualities are a dedication to hard work, integrity and trustworthiness, and the ability to follow leader/manager’s instructions
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand, climb stairs, and or walk during entire shift
- Shifts vary from 4-8 hour shifts.
- Inventory arrives on 1 st floor and needs to be carried down to basement. Needs to be able to carry up to 20 lbs without difficulty.
- Shifts and start times are approximately 6 am on Tuesday and Friday morning. Depending on skills and experience, this position may be combined with other position at this establishment so employee can gain full time hours.